Performing a handful of annual fall maintenance tasks can ensure your home is safe and ready for the colder months ahead.
- Insulate water pipes in areas exposed to cold temperatures.
- Check the roof to ensure that it can withstand the wear and tear of winter and that it won’t collapse under the weight of wet leaves, ice, and snow.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to keep debris from accumulating.
- Clean and/or replace the furnace filter.
- Check and repair caulking around doors and windows that show signs of deterioration to prevent heat from escaping.
- Have the chimney inspected for deterioration that could make it unsafe for use.