Getting your drivers license is an exciting time, but for new drivers, finding affordable auto insurance in Alberta can be difficult. Age, gender, marital status and experience all affect insurance rates and can make premiums quite high. Here are 5 tips for new drivers to consider when purchasing auto insurance.
- Take out an insurance policy as soon as you can: In Alberta, the more history you have the less your premiums will be. In order to build history, try to take an auto insurance policy out in your name as soon as you can. If you don’t own a vehicle, see if you can be added as a driver on a policy of a family member to start building your history.
- Bundle Insurances: Many companies in Alberta offer a multi-line discount when you combine your auto insurance with your home, tenant or condo insurance. Bundling your insurances is a great way to ensure you are getting the best rate on both products.
- Contact your broker prior to purchasing a vehicle: In addition to your information as a driver, auto insurance rates are also based on the year, make and model of your vehicle. Therefore, when shopping for a vehicle your insurance rates can vary significantly based on the one you choose. If you are looking to purchase a vehicle contact your broker for a quote first.
- Complete driver’s training: There are many benefits with completing a training course when you are first learning to drive. In Alberta, if you successfully complete a class 5 driver training program many companies offer insurance at a reduced rate.
- Keep your record clean: Convictions, suspensions and claims on your license all affect your insurance premiums. Keeping a clean driving record will help keep your insurance costs down!
To obtain a new auto quote you can visit our online quoter here! https://swiftins.ca/