Photography seems like a pretty straightforward job. People want photos taken and photographers take photos. The key is having a good eye! But did you know that over 60% of photographers that try their hand at the business quit after just 1 year?
In order to become a successful photographer, a successful strategy must be in place in order to gain and retain your business. You want to ensure that your business grows and remains profitable and in this guide we cover 5 tips that could help increase income for your photography business.
- Partner With a Related Business –Work on forging relationships with other businesses in your community that your target customer is going to spend money with. For example, offering a wedding photography package that includes hair & makeup from someone with a good reputation will increase your overall revenue as well as make it more convenient for your client.
- Free Photo Shoot Contest on Social Media – Offer to do a free personal photo shoot requiring each contestant to provide their email address and share the post on social media. This will allow you to reach a larger audience, gather contacts and gain new clients. You can also offer to give a discount to anyone who just enters the contest, further increasing the incentive for someone to use you for their photography.
- Take Stock Photos – Start compiling stock photos of relevant subjects that pertain to a certain industry. There are plenty of websites out there now that sell stock photos online. It is quite simple to do, just upload the images, assign tags related to target industry and let the sites sell the photos for you. Some examples of websites are Pixbay, Adobe Stock, Shutterstock, and Pexels.
- Photograph Special Events – Look for events in the local area, especially events for youth such as sporting events, dances, concerts, ECT. There is likely already a photographer hired for events such as these, but there is no harm in asking permission to take photos and then handing out flyers/proofs to the parents telling them to visit your website to order prints.
- Referral Program – Provide a discount to your clients who refer new business to you. This creates the incentive to use your services again when they need a photographer and also increase the odds of having new clients referred to your business. It’s a win-win for everyone!
Thank you for reading our 5 Tips to increase your income as a photographer, implement these strategies and you will surely reach your goals! Also did you know with Swift you can now quote and buy this insurance completely online in minutes? Give it a try and get a quote here!